Laying down Arms

New from a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away....
Logar
Guild Master

Laying down Arms

Post by Logar »

We're sorry to announce that the Band of the Red Hand will retire from the raiding scene of World of Warcraft. Lately the guild experienced some unexpected dropouts from our raiding team, and some (more respectfully) announcements of upcoming retirements. These events have cut down our raidteam to 60% of it's usual strength. This has and would have been causing alot of cancelled raids and following frustrations.

While we have experienced such troubles before and survived, we find this time to be different. Different because of two reasons. For one, most of the motivation amongst the officers for the game as a whole has dropped, and we find it is time to move on to other games or activities. Secondly, we feel the community as a whole is dropping from the game, which in turn has required more recruitment efforts than ever before. Nowadays, even dps are hard to come by and we see it getting worse rather then better.
Rather than heave on the oars once again, it is for these reasons that the officers have unanimously come to this decision.

What else to say, we're sorry for our current raiders which may feel let down by this news. We hope you can respect our decision no matter how you feel about it. We've enjoyed our time with all of you greatly, and a big tip of the hat to all of you for all the wonderfull stuff we've accomplished together ! No raid boss has ever had a good night's sleep with the Band around.
A special mention to all the veteran raiders of this guild. Some are still with us, some have already moved on earlier. Whether or not you are still in the current raiding team or not, many of you we've known for a very long time and this guild would not have survived in the past without the dedication, loyalty and friendships of the raiding core. You know who you are.

On practical matters, everyone is welcome to stay in the guild as long as you want. If you want your fair share of flasks and gold from the guildbank, drop me a note in the forums and I'll send you what's due. If you plan to continue raiding in another guild, we wish you all the best !

Best of luck,
Jolayne
Selande
Talmanes
- Former raidleaders and officers of Band of the Red Hand.
-- Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose.
-- You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Shivan
Officer

RE: Laying down Arms

Post by Shivan »

/Salute
- To strike down the phoenix is to slash at the flame.
- You wouldn't get it, if it came in a large bag marked 'IT'.

shyxa

Post by shyxa »

Too be honest, this didn't come as a surprise to me. For myself I already made the descision of quitting WoW some weeks ago and informed the officers about this.This will therefore also be a goodbye for me, since my account will be frozen as of next month.

Although it was a pure personal thing for me to quit WoW, since the last months I only played a few times per month, sunday evenings, raiding time. Even before starting on the latest expansion I was already doubting how long I would still continue. The game is still awesome in my opinion but it keeps getting more and more of the same every expansion and patch.

It has already been more then 6 years ago that I was encouraged by a collegue of mine, Fireblast a.k.a the frost mage, to start playing the beta of a game called World of Warcraft. I could then have never expected that I would be sucked into a world that kept me interested in a single game for such a long time.

A special thanks to Talmanes for leading raids as long as I can remember. Jolayne for filling in when Talmanes had his 0,1% offtime and supporting the guild with a website and teamspeak. Dearid, although you already quit the game some time ago, thanks for all the fun I had raiding with you and thanks for all the effort you put in all the guilds we have been in.

Ofcourse I also want to thank all the rest of the officers and members for the fun I had playing this game, I'm sure it wasn't as fun without a nice group of people like you all.

I hope to see you all sometime in another game, maybe even in Universe of Warcraft coming out somewhere in 2024 (or something like that). But for now, first stop: Diablo III (blizzard, hurry up please :P)

Cheers!!

Jolrael
Officer

Post by Jolrael »

Thanks for the kind words Shyxa! I can say, also on behalf of Daerid and Talmanes (sitting next to me at the LAN party :P), your kind words make us smile, and we have also been very happy to play together with you all those years, even though you didn't always follow our orders to the letter ("Everyone stand over there! You too Shyxa!" :P).

Selande

Post by Selande »

It was nice to play with so many good friends for such a long time. I also started playing at the beta, as a hunter. It is quite hard to give up on a character that has been with me for a good 6 years, first as Mirana the Nelf hunter and later Selande the Nelf hunter after the migration.

The game has had an enourmous impact on my life. Mostly in a possitve sence: It has provided me with a place to come to outside all daily chores. I have many fond memories of all the raiding times. From the first dungeons, the whipe on the first giants of Molten Core on to the many raids we have been through.
We did a good job throughout all expansions, since WOTLK up till now we have had the best raid team ever. The 10 man size really fit us well and with only one evening a week we could still keep up in progression with most other guilds that invest 3-4 nights a week in the game.

Although I still enjoy raiding very much, motivation to be online at other moments deminished. The feeling of 'been there done that' is getting stronger then ever. Furthermore, jobs did reduce my available time also. It is time to find new challanges in other games, or outside the virtual world :-).

Lastly, I want to give a heartly thanks to all people who raided with us. From Moonlight Agony to Band of the Red Hand. You all gave me many fond memories to remember!

Bettesmirll

Post by Bettesmirll »

sad to hear, its a shame and a bit disapointing, with all the time spend with you guys, its the end off a era ;-)
accept your dission , i will cancel my account for a while, to make up my mind, on what i am going to do in the future,
thanks to the officeres and the all other members off the guild, it has been a honor playing in the guild, a special thanks to Talmanes/Loghar.
kind regards Bette.

Jolrael
Officer

Post by Jolrael »

Also thanks for all the good time to you, Bette! :-D It's been a joy and honour ;)

Naturenaz

Post by Naturenaz »

Thx for some major times of fun guys - this has been a fun ride and we have been successfull. I'll probally gonna take my first break since I started to play wow 6 years ago and I'm not sure if this is it for me in Azeroth or there will come a time where It will be fun to give it a try again. Do keep me posted if a new attend is gonna be made. Glad to see that Daerid is still out there looking at us from time to time :p

Take care all and again thx for the ride back from S&H and up to now.

My gametime ends at 31.05.2011 so thats my last day for now
Kind Regards

Qatel
Sith Sorcerer

Dialus

Post by Dialus »

I must admit I was also considering to stop a little while ago. Must admit that now that the time is here, I do consider to keep on playing. Cant really quit since I like raiding so much :) But anyway, a huge big thansk too al the people who I played with in S&H and other guilds. Big thansk to the officers, Daerid/Talmanes/Jolrael/Selande. I know you spend a lot of time behind the scenes to keep everything roling.

Big thansk for the other members, I had a blast during the past years. And whats up next? I am not sure yet.... First of all focus on my internship IRL, if I can combien that with wow I might do so, but I am not sure yet... for now I will keep my account active.

Forsite

Post by Forsite »

Cheers guys, thanks for all the fun etc we had (mostly when i still was raiding back in the early WOTLK phase).

Silktail

Post by Silktail »

I bid you farewell, my friends.

Solidus

Post by Solidus »

I guess you could call this an end of an era, then..I would say a nice time also for me too thank the guild and it's officer-team for all the fun times I personally had all the way from classic wow, through the burning crusade and wrath of the lich king. I can still remember our first ONYXIA (more dots!) kill amongst other great memories and people. Although wow is just a game, it has thought me valuable lessons and stuff I will never forget, which wouldn't be possible without the guild.

Hard to call it a sad event, really :)

Goodbye or till another time ;)

Fermian

Post by Fermian »

A big thanks to all, from Teldrassil till Deepholm.

I will try the new zg hcs in wow after that... dunno.
But you are all invited to join me in my battle against Diablo. Or join the republic for the war against the Sith empire in Star Wars: The Old Republic (hoping for the same quality level as wow).

Oola

Post by Oola »

So i have just got back online after what seems like forever and i am sooooo very sad at the news that has just punched me in the face so to speak. All i can say is that it was a absolute pleasure raiding with you, i have loved every minute with you guys and am sad because noone else would put up with Oola in raids (COS I'M SO AWESOME... OBVIOUSLY). Feel free to bug the NOAM whenever if you need me for anything (as i will you ;p) as me and Dorf are back. My baby Noam is also very saddened by the news as she is making face noise and leaking. So on that i guess i will say IT'S BEEN AMAZING!

Oola <3

Vilianda

Post by Vilianda »

Haven't been here in ages, and look what I found :(

It has been a pleasure and a privilege to play with you guys :) /salute and will see some of you in Diablo II I guess :D

Jet

Post by Jet »

Diablo 3 sir :p
ImageImage

Jet

Post by Jet »

No longer a member within Band due to you guys going completely dead but I know you wanted to keep the name so just a headsup if you care :)
ImageImage

Logar
Guild Master

Post by Logar »

Np, thanks for the update Jet, think it's safe to say by now we've definately put wow behind us ;). So no resurrection I expect.

How are things for you in wow ?

Jet

Post by Jet »

Not bad man, 6/7 hc in latest content its good patch just a bit of a grindfest for my legendary staff :( what you guys up 2?
ImageImage

Fermian

Post by Fermian »

Omg Logar, worst avatar I have ever seen. Weakling, resist the dark side, you can't.

For the Republic!

Logar
Guild Master

Post by Logar »

Haha alas Fermian, I just dont have any faith in democracy :). Unlimited poweerrrrrrrrrrrr the dark side is :).

@Jet, as you may have guessed, some of us dutchies are gonna pick up the new Star Wars MMO, besides that, everything has been quite quiet for a while.