Pink Gaylion

New from a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away....
Logar
Guild Master

Pink Gaylion

Post by Logar »

The time has come for me to catch up on wow-events. For one thing we are totally slacking on frontpage updates (yes we are further then 5 ICC kills in heroic !). For another I didn't even know we had a patch incoming this week untill people started asking questions about pugging Halion. I haven't even read up on the lore of this new beast yet. So I don't really know why there's a gay dragon huddling beneath my favourite Dragonblight Tower, however that's not a reason to let it live is it ?

Due to the sunday raid being cancelled, we went raiding on a monday instead. Wasn't the best idea ever, even after I double dipped from the cappucino supply (I never drink coffee) I still nearly fell of my chair from fatigue. Combine that with some ambigious encounter mechanics and it's gonna be a long night. There's no problem distinguishing between the twilight realm and the physical realm untill you start putting all the physical dps into the twilight realm (huhh what ?). There's no problem handling the corporeality buff, untill you conclude that you don't really know what the hell corporeality means and that Blizzard decided to REVERSE the percentage counter in the two opposite realms (weren't we supposed to hold dps at 60% ?). After I decided to shut up, stand in front of his holy gayness doing my thing and letting Daerid handle the logistics it went alot better and a kill was quickly achieved. Ruby Sanctum kills 1 out of 1.

After that humbling experience as a raidleader we still had plenty of time for some ICC goodness. Since our last update we had already killed Rotface + Valithria Dreamwalker on heroic, so it was time to clear Blood Wing on heroic. And clear it we did, we went faster through that wing then the dutch did through the Danish defenses last 14th of June.

That brings us to 9 out of 12 kills in heroic Icecrown Citadel. With Putricide, Sindragosa and the Lich King left we'll have some very tough encounters in front of us. But I'm sure we'll get there, just as I'm sure I'll be cheering my ass off next sunday during the world cup finals.
-- Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose.
-- You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Shivan
Officer

RE: Pink Gaylion

Post by Shivan »

Hehe.... physical stop!... uh what?who?where? Far to chaotic fight for far to sleepy officers :P

Really liked the raid of yesterday... imba job on the focus we could maintain. And maybe a bit below the belt of the Danish there Talmanes :P
- To strike down the phoenix is to slash at the flame.
- You wouldn't get it, if it came in a large bag marked 'IT'.

Logar
Guild Master

RE: Pink Gaylion

Post by Logar »

I kid I kid ;p
-- Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose.
-- You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Silktail

Post by Silktail »

The designers where on crack when they made up this bossfight?

Not just the entire 'I-don't-get-it-at-all' concept of the fight, but also the barbapapa dragonskin seemed just a little bit strange...

Shivan
Officer

Post by Shivan »

Silktail always liked the 'stand here, slack off, claim epics' strategy more as we all know... not competitive or wanting as hard as possible fights at all. You won't see him soloing Onyxia at lvl 70, going for every achievement possible ingame and not related to WoW trying to kill Ruby Weapon with Tifa without materia (magic) and weapons/armor with only one hand using to control her and also during the fight reciting the Dutch national anthem backwards.... He's not into those kinds of 'challanges' at al... :P ;) (owkee... maybe not backwards, but still... I see him doing it ^^)
- To strike down the phoenix is to slash at the flame.
- You wouldn't get it, if it came in a large bag marked 'IT'.