Ready for Raiding

New from a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away....
Logar
Guild Master

Ready for Raiding

Post by Logar » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:07 pm

It's been 5 weeks since the release date of Cataclysm now and we've taken our time levelling up, exploring all the new zones, standing in the fire (yay !) and having fun in all the new instances. Gotta love new content :-). By now we're ready to start owning it up again in the new raidzones. We even got the achievement to prove it !
I guess that means we haven't been ready the last expansion ? Illidan has been right all along.

We started out in Blackwing Descent and as tradition dictates, we wiped on the first trash pack. Soon after though we could start out on Magmaw. Lots of fire, lots of worms. He kept trying to eat Arc, but our (now covered in worm saliva) dwarf is just hard to digest I guess. First one down !!

P.S. having my mind sear tick for 1500 a pop just makes me cry inside, I demand buffs !

Secondly we went to 'the omnotron defense system', which is a fancy name for 4 robots who are malfunctioning half the time. A better name would be the semitron defense system ? Even with 2 robots up though, what an amazing chaotic fight ! I talked to Jolayne about it, and we were both very glad with our dual-screen setup. For each robot activating, we kept glancing to our tactics page. What does this one do again ? However, after a while everyone got the hang of it and we got them down.

We figured we'd leave the Blackwing inhabitants alone for now and travelled to the Bastion of Twilight to see what Halfus Wyrmbreaker was up to. The drake combination we got was Nether Scion + whelp cages + Storm Rider. The first few wipes were just absolutely hopeless with knockbacks all around, Halfus hitting like a truck and his pet drake incinerating the entire raid. It gave me some unpleasant flashbacks to Lich King Heroic, only instead of the tank getting oneshot all the time, the entire raid got wtfowned within seconds. After some experimentation and tactic suggestions, we ended up releasing the whelps and Storm rider at the pull and the Nether Scion drake as soon as those drakes were down. That proved a 'healable' solution and he went down soon after.

All in all, a nice first raid ! Good going everyone, we're back on track ...
-- Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose.
-- You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Jolrael
Officer

RE: Ready for Raiding

Post by Jolrael » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:43 pm

Yay! :-D

Jet

Post by Jet » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:05 pm

W00t although please turn off guild titles in future screenies :o hate being recruit :)
ImageImage

Forsite

Post by Forsite » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:15 pm

Play more! :P

GG everyone

Logar
Guild Master

Re: RE: Ready for Raiding

Post by Logar » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:41 pm

Jet wrote:W00t although please turn off guild titles in future screenies :o hate being recruit :)
Agreed, I dont like how these screenies turned out either, I just didnt wanna waste time tweaking my UI settings ;)
-- Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose.
-- You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Kára

RE: Re: RE: Ready for Raiding

Post by Kára » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:18 pm

No moar Magmaw noms plx :(

Selande

Post by Selande » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:48 pm

:) great work!

Kafziel

Post by Kafziel » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:15 am

I can only say, tanks for a great evening of raiding.
Been missing it for sure.

Kafziel/Dörner