The Blind Truth

New from a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away....
Jolrael
Officer

The Blind Truth

Post by Jolrael » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:39 am

For a failed experiment, 25463-D, better known as Atramedes, has turned out to be quite a over-sized dragon. Oh well, things could have been worse, for instance, he could have had eye-sight. Or he could have gotten help from experiments 1 thorugh 25462. This also makes you wonder if they were all sub-numbered A, B, C, ....

Luckily for us, it was just a matter of avoiding damage, which we are good at! And for some reason, when you don't get hit, the dragon can't hear you. To be honest, I think I'd have a sense of you if you were stabbing me in my flank all the time, or someone close that was conjuring a fireball that they'd shoot up my ear, but hey... you don't hear us complain! :-P

The learning curve for this fight turned out to be very doable in a short time, and where we started out with all gongs gone and about 50% health left, an hour later we downed him in the ground-phase, with still 1 more gong available for us.

We do seem to loose our edge at killing bosses at the end of raidtime, as we had about an hour left on Maloriak, so we did quite some nice training on him as well. Even though revenge for Atramedes' suffering was delayed, we'll probably be posting about him next week ;-)

I think we can now tell Dialus that we actually had a bet running among the other raiders before the raid started, about how many times we could let you die. Turned out that Talmanes has won! Not too fair in my opinion, as he is a healer, but he did win, so congrats on your 1 silver Talmanes!
Last edited by Jolrael on Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dialus

RE: The Blind Truth

Post by Dialus » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:21 am

:( Giev decleration for repair bills :(

Logar
Guild Master

Post by Logar » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:07 am

Haha nice piece Jol :), nothing works better for morale then a friendly wager !

I do wonder how the dragon kept managing to find Arc flawlessly though, is he just that loud or was it the smell ?
Btw, your screenie is slightly crooked Jol ... No worries, it will get easier with time ^^
-- Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose.
-- You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Jolrael
Officer

Post by Jolrael » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:22 am

The screeny was excellent TBH; it just came out a bit different after resizing and modifying it via the website tools :-)

Jolrael
Officer

Post by Jolrael » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:42 am

It's now one that's not edited via the website :-)

Kára

Post by Kára » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:12 pm

OMFG GIEF DKP PLXES

Jolrael
Officer

Post by Jolrael » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:24 pm

DKP is overrated, the epics are the true value!

Oh wait...