What he said

New from a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away....
Logar
Guild Master

What he said

Post by Logar » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:36 pm

It must be nice to have a second head, for a raidboss at least. For one thing, while you have a normal and serious head you also have this high-pitched squealing head yelling for death and destruction. 'Crazy bastard' always ranks high on the intimidation meter, perfect references for the Twilight Hammer boss application form in my opinion. For another, you have your personal copy-cat backing up everything you say. It ain't true till another says it is. The only downside is the obvious conflicts like 'This way.' 'No that way'. I can't have been the only one spam-clicking those dudes in Warcraft III though.

The Cho'gall fight itself is pretty straightforward, kill adds, dodge fire, avoid stacking debuff etc etc. The lore involved is nice though, and even if the tactics aren't that hard to grasp, the fight itself is. Last raid we tried, we couldn't get past 14% due to the dps requirements involved. After a few weeks of gearing and sub-optimal setups we could finally get a crack at Cho and Gall again this week. And I must say, he went down really fast. I was killing tentacles almost full-stop, and at some point I noticed Cho'gall at 5%, what the hell ! I'm glad to say he went down that same try.

We even cleared Blackwing Descent trash after and got a few pokes at our old friends Nefarian and Onyxia. Needless to say, we wiped hopelessly, with our best attempt reaching phase II and instantly wiping on the pillar adds. I think we need a hp-flasked paladin spamhealing on the throne aggro-ing all the adds. Oh wait...
-- Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose.
-- You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Forsite

RE: What he said

Post by Forsite » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:50 pm

Grats =]

Jet

Post by Jet » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:25 pm

Say wha? :o
ImageImage

Logar
Guild Master

Post by Logar » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:54 pm

Wha what ?

Dialus

Post by Dialus » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:59 pm

wewt!!!

Jet

Post by Jet » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:25 am

"" I think we need a hp-flasked paladin spamhealing on the throne aggro-ing all the adds. Oh wait...""

Reference to Yogg+0 bug?
ImageImage

Logar
Guild Master

Post by Logar » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:59 am

Oh no, it was a reference to vanilla-Nef ;), all the people here who raided with me in Vanilla know what I mean. We used this tactic for Nefarian. Instead of splitting the raid over 2 entrances we had a healing paladin spamhealing himself in front of the throne. Back then overhealing still counted for full aggro and he would 'tank' all the mobs and we'd have one giant aoe-fest there.
Logically it needed a hitpoint flask on him and every single innervate on the paladin so he could continue. Since the tactic was so silly + nostalgic it's always the first thing I think of when I think of Nef ^^.

Jolrael
Officer

Post by Jolrael » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:35 pm

And it worked pretty well TBH :-P

Congratulations to us! :D

shyxa

Post by shyxa » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:11 pm

That was such a funny tactic, we even had an innervate rotation on the holy tankadin :D

I doubt that there was another guild that used the same tactic :)

Solidus

Re: RE: What he said

Post by Solidus » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:13 am

Talmanes wrote:Oh no, it was a reference to vanilla-Nef ;), all the people here who raided with me in Vanilla know what I mean. We used this tactic for Nefarian. Instead of splitting the raid over 2 entrances we had a healing paladin spamhealing himself in front of the throne. Back then overhealing still counted for full aggro and he would 'tank' all the mobs and we'd have one giant aoe-fest there.
Logically it needed a hitpoint flask on him and every single innervate on the paladin so he could continue. Since the tactic was so silly + nostalgic it's always the first thing I think of when I think of Nef ^^.

<3 <3 <3

Congratulations on the continued progress! Keep it up ^^